These tips are usually for new bike owners or riders but if you have old bike then you can also follow given below instructions to know actual condition of your bike engine.
|Symbolic image by pixabay|
Know what are the causes of low mileage in bikes? :1. Your bike's lifetime mileage depends on your first 500 kilometre ride means how you riding new bike in first 500-700 kilometre.
(Because 80% bike owner complaints that "My Bike is not giving proper mileage after first service".
Now question is how you should ride your bike before first service?
> You should not cross your speed limit 50-55 kilometre per hour. (Never test your new bike's speed before first service).
2. Never forget to get all your free services within timeframe mentioned in warrantee booklet. After that you should take paid services in every 2500 kilometres.
3. You should change your engine oil in every 6000 kilometre ride; you can refill your engine oil tank in every 2500 kilometre ride.
4. Always use same brand oil every time, don't change brand. Do not overfill the engine oil and follow the replacement schedule.
5. Always use same quality petrol, never mix premium and normal type petrol together. Avoid use of adulterated fuel.
6. Always check your tyre air pressure in every week, means maintain correct tyre pressure.
7. Ride your bike always 45 to 65 kilometres per hour speed.
8. If you ride your bike above 80 kilometres per hour then your mileage will decrease.
9. Turn off your ignition if your bike ideal more than one minute.
10. Clean your spark plug every weekend maintain specified gap between electrodes.
11. Try to decrease usage of your clutch. Try to drive at steady speed. Do not keep the clutch lever pressed while driving.
12. Avoid sudden break every time, only use in case of emergency.
13. Always calculate your bike mileage only after 3500 kilometre or after third service.
14. Adjust drive chain tension correctly.
15. Do not run the engine in low gear for long times.
16. Do not park your motorcycle under direct sunlight as it causes evaporation of petrol.
17. Do not keep brake pedal pressed while riding.
18. Do not raise the engine rpm (speed) during traffic halts; switch “OFF” the engine if the halt is more than 30 seconds.
19. Do not cover inlet of air filter assembly. Keep the air filter clean.
If you have any comment and feedback for this information, you can use comment section.